Consulting / Advising / Coaching – Ben Coe, co-founder of The Artist Farm helps you get in flow with and grow your business – not just financially, but holistically. He interviews you (and your employees if desired), listens deeply, helps you to hear and clarify your vision and then helps translate that into action. If you are involved in a music/arts business and you are looking to develop your business holistically then this is the right service for you. This is applicable to an artist or business person of any success level (even if the artist currently has management and/or an agent). I am currently advising agents, lawyers, managers, consultants, artists, and various entrepreneurs.
Questions and Answers:
Who coaches/advises me in any of the above services?
My name is Ben Coe. I am the co-founder of The Artist Farm and I will be your coach. I have 10+ years of experience in all aspects of the industry including booking, record labels, festivals, theaters, night clubs, business management, and management. What I enjoy most is teaching, mentoring, and coaching for business and life.
If we haven’t met yet, then let me throw a few more credentials your way.
- I have worked on the management teams of 15+ bands, many of which gross well over $1M annually (Yonder Mountain String Band, John Butler Trio, North Mississippi Allstars, Los Lobos, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Melissa Ferrick, DubConscious, Infamous Stringdusters, That 1 Guy, Charlie Hunter, and many others) and worked at Lookout Records (where GreenDay and Operation Ivy started). Prior to starting my own company I worked for Red Light Management.
- I created a unique tour marketing system and authored an e-book called “Squeezing the Show” that documents the process. The book has been downloaded over 5000 times and received rave reviews.
- I write about our unique, open approach to artist business on our blog.
Why am I doing this?
I love music for what it brings to the world. I love artists and art-businesses for choosing the unconventional and seemingly risky path in life. I also found in managing bands that my favorite aspect was a weekly call during which I would coach, teach, and mentor the artists as business owners.
I also greatly enjoy listening and helping people get in touch with their inner vision. From there, helping people build this inspiration into economic and social realities is the goal.
Based on these ideas, I created a suite of “coaching” services for the different types of situations (listed above).
What can you expect?
- You will be expected to work diligently and intelligently on growing your business. Your interests and questions will drive our agenda. Together we will work on clarifying your vision, establishing goals, and accomplishing them.
- I will not do the work for you. You must recognize your role as business owner and learn to run it efficiently and effectively. I can help.
How does it work?
Every other week we will have a regularly scheduled, one-on-one (or with a couple members from the business/group) phone call for an hour each.
As part of the coaching, there may be weeks where I will have exercises for you to work on. Some will be foundation work and some will be business process exercises.
What is the commitment?
My goal is to help get you to the point of having a successful business (as you define it).
There is no such thing as an overnight success- the process of building your career takes time. Most coaching relationships last for several months. Some clients have stayed with me for much longer and are still with us now as management clients. Ideally I am looking to coach people who see this as an opportunity to build a relationship and a stunning career.
It is so easy to get clouded and loose focus in an industry full of lies, hype and broken promises. Your own ambition can be just as misleading. Dave and I love Ben because he brings a consistent clarity to the table every time, and after our meetings we always know which way is forward.
-Steve Fowler, Echo Movement
The Artist Farm Coaching program is some of the best money Dehlia Low has ever spent. As a self-managed, self-booked band, it is very easy to get overwhelmed with the constant necessary decisions, creative marketing plans, and a general feeling of ‘what next?’ I came away from every conversation with Ben with a clear, sensible to-do list. He really helped me see the big picture, and clarified the business side of making a band a sustainable career move. Organizing the business side of the band, allows me more time with my guitar, and the ability to nurture the creative side of being a musician. If only my iPhone had a ‘Ben’ app….
-Stacy Claude, Dehlia Low
How to sign up?
If you are interested in any of the services above, please send an email to me: ben(at)theartistfarm.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks for reading,
The Artist Farm